Flicking through the channels the other day. I was struck by the number of adverts on television for holding back the ravages of time. It seems as if every single cosmetics company has got on the bandwagon and is now trying to convince us that in order to stay younger for longer we have to use their product.
Every kind of extract of this and blend of that is touted as the wonder product guaranteed to fix all the damage due to the stresses of modern life. We're bombarded with continual and quite convincing images of woman - usually celebrities with lots of airbrushing, that we just have to buy one of these products and ........ after 6 weeks you will look like them with healthy skin and up to a 40-60% reduction in age lines or whatever you wish to call em!! wadda wadda you get the picture!!
Sorry but to me it smacks of a society that places more value on the way we look than what we are as a person. Have we not learnt anything from Nazi Germany and their warped ideologies of the perfect man and woman? If someone doesn't like me for the lines or the gray hairs that are collecting at an alarming rate, then bugger them. Here I am lines and all.
I reckon my lines serve to show my humanity and personality. The lines around my eyes show that I've laughed and cried a lot, the lines on my forehead show that I am a thinker, and a worrier - but most importantly they show who I am!
Unique, complex, highly-strung, passionate and most importantly ME!!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment