Tweens - one either shudders with horror or embraces them - they're a challenge, but a rewarding one. They are aware of so much that is going on around them - everything from climate change to crime is fair game, and you'd better be on top of your game with them as the questions flow like the Colorado River! It makes me feel old when I realise that some of the idols they are aaahhinng are young enough to be my children - I'm that old!! aaahhh!!
This past week I learnt everything from Hannah Montana who is a tween by day and cool pop singer at night. Must admit Miley Cyrus is one talented girl and she's a good role model for them - just hope she doesn't wobble off the tracks like so many before. As for the Jonas Brothers - the newest Pop sensations, they're pretty good. You should see the girls go gagga over them, oh my goodness, the fights over who was cuter and sexier and even who they'd kiss!!
If it wasn't the Jonas Brothers, it was the Bratz dolls and their various clothes - they consider themselves fashion supremos, and the poor cat endured many hours of being "dressed" and paraded around in their concoctions.
As for their room - well don't go there. It looked for the most part like a cross between something like hurricane and a tornado!. Shirts and towels all over the place, and enough odds and ends that would fill Wembley Stadium five times over! and yet they still complained they didn't have enough clothes.
What's great is that you can sit with them and laugh at anything and everything without worrying about how stupid you look. The best was a slumber party we had where we put on ABBA and danced away while eating marshmallows, smarties and lots of chips. So what if we looked camp - it was great and even Mom joined in as we danced around and looked silly. Dad I reckon would be shaking his head in amazement.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment