Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Money Money

Money Money Money.I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay. Ain't it sad. And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me!! Like the ABBA song I always seem to be looking for that elusive money.

It is a source of perennial frustration and depression, that no matter how hard and long I work, I never quite seem to get there. In spite of the fact that I try diligently to save, every month its the same - it goes out faster than it comes in. Now, I have a job which although I work my hardest at, I never quite seem to get into a position that I can make a difference or get enough money to save anything much. It scares me to think that if I am battling then what on earth must the hundreds of thousands who earn a lot less than me be doing? As prices skyrocket and the global economic crises reverberates around the world, it is becoming increasingly apparent, to me at least, that unless you have a rich uncle/great aunt ready to pop off and leave you an obscene amount to live off, you have to look at getting a second job or some other source of income.

For me it means either getting another job or finding something I'm good at and making money from it. It means getting out of my comfort zone, getting off my butt and doing something - now that is scary! I'm realising that my so called "comfortable" existence, is no longer that, but a new reality - one where you have to do your best to try and keep your head above water. Sink or swim - talk about being tossed in at the deep end and made to swim!!

So now I must mull over what I am good at, and try to see if it is feasible to make an income out of that. Not easy, frightening actually - but in the end as they say what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I like to believe it will make me stronger!

1 comment:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

Hang in there, times are tough. But tough times gives us a new prospective about life, love and the universe - take on the challenge.
Most of us have been on a 'good run' for a long time. Now we begin to realize that the way the 'good run' was going is not sustainable. We have to find new ways of living. We have to change our old habits and be for flexible - not easy to say for a creature of habits like myself.
Bring it on I say, let me prove that I am a survivor and not just a lazy, fat KAT.