As the festive season approaches and my store cards start to shudder in terror at their forthcoming abuse I've realised that there are so many other things that make Christmas besides all the gifts and food. Some of my favourite sounds are the ones I hear in our garden.
1. Christmas beetles. Actually, they are more the size of side plates, mottled coloured and exceptionally vocal throughout the day. Their arrival always heralds the start of the silly season!
2. Migrant birds. White Storks, Piet My Vrou (Red Chested Cuckoo), Diederick Cuckoo, Klaas' Cuckoo, Greater Striped Swallows and if you're lucky - the Black Cuckoo with its mournful drawn out I'm so so siiiiccckkk call.
3. The smell of a profusion of flowers. Everything is in bloom and the garden is always a riot of colour at this time of the year. Double-Collared and Black Sun birds dancing between flowers and Paradise Flycatchers calling in duets in the box elders.
4. Our Pin Oak in full bloom and the most stunning deep shade of green.
5. Foals on the farm. I love watching them gamboling around with each other and irritating their mothers.
6. The friendship with a special horse. We have some interesting conversations, but I wish I could understand horse talk!
So, if you're tired and worn out. Depressed by all that is going on around. Stop and take a moment to appreciate all that is around you. You will find so much and that is the greatest gift of all!!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment