Sunday, March 22, 2009

Huh?

I have to confess that I am really ignorant when it comes to teenage things these days. Seem to have forgotten that once (a very long time ago!) I was one too. The regular sms that I get from them read something like this: Hw r u dng tdy? wre gng out to see fnds and a mvie. Hpe i see Rbn hz s cute! Huh! it took a while to figure it out. English translation - how are you doing today. We're going to see friends and a movie. I hope I see Robin he is so cute!

Then there's the music! Jonas Brothers seem to be in, along with anything noisy and with lyrics that you cannot understand but make perfect sense to them!. My brain tends to shut down after a few minutes of conversation as I get totally lost. My age is starting to show!!

One thing that totally amazes me is the contortions that teenagers adopt when sitting or lounging (their favourite thing - should be an Olympic sport I reckon!). When I was young I had to sit straight in my chair, shoulders forward - you know what I mean. These days they "drape" themselves over a chair in the most amazing positions. How anatomically they achieve this is beyond me, but they do!

It seems as if I still have a lot to learn!

No comments: