Feeling nostalgic tonight and while I am in the reminiscing mood, thought I would share some memories of people who have touched my live over the years.
Besides God and my parents, there have quite a few people who have made an impact on me.
1. Mrs Johnstone - our ex neighbour from Johannesburg. She is now 86, getting frail and cant see as well as she used to, but her spirit is still undimmed. For as long as I can remember, she was my other grandmother. I could always go to her - she was my other port of calm in my stormy adolescent years. She always listened (with great patience!) to all my problems, offered advice, never forced it on me though and most importantly of all - she loved me unconditionally!
2. Mrs Trincherio. Our Standard 9 English teacher. What a woman! she enthused us with Shakespeare - brought him to life in a way that beggars belief! She used to leap around the classroom - from desk to desk she would leap as she brought him and English to life. Never conventional - always original and controversial, she didn't care who you were, she just wanted you to love and learn! When she left, a piece of my heart went with her, and even today I still can remember those English classes!
3. Katrina Partridge. She'll probably squirm at this! and say "Crikey my dear couldn't you find someone more original?". I know I have said it over and over again, but she is one of the people who has had a defining impact on my life. Before I knew her I was shy, insecure and trapped in a cycle of blaming myself for everything! She taught me that its okay to break out, think beyond the box - and most importantly dig deep and find the real me. Well, I think I have! still a 'work in progress', but getting there.
All these people have had a profound impact on my life in one way or another, and I am what I am thanks in some part to them.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment