I have to sheepishly confess that I loved Smurfs and Gummi Bears when they used to be on television. So when they showed some episodes recently on tv I was in my element. It makes me realise how I am getting on in years though - besides the grey hairs and stiffening limbs among other things!
It was a time of innocence and naivety. I remember going to the park not having to worry about whether I would get abducted and murdered by some pedophile. I was just able to go and play my heart out and would often have to be literally dragged home by my long-suffering mother.
I used to love walking to the shops - mainly to meet boys and go to movies and burgers. It was a real thrill to hold hand in the dark of the movie house and finding a corner to kiss afterwards was quite a dangerous thrill. The best though was when you went steady with a guy and wore his jacket at school. The best was finding a note in your locker and passing notes to him out the window in the middle of a school period.
Now, I realise that I was lucky - truly blessed to enjoy a childhood and youth of innocence and fun. I certainly don't envy children today trying to navigate their way through the minefield of what has become their reality!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

1 comment:
ah yes, the safe walk to the corner shop ... god knows I miss it too!
Post a Comment