Today is our general election and a public holiday. Having suffered from a general political apathy for long enough, I have decided that instead of whinging and moaning about the lack of change, I have to do something about it and cast my vote. Elections are about voting for the party that you want to change your environment and make a positive contribution to the general standard of living. Ideally that is what it should be about, but in this day and age, it is more about in-fighting and vote rigging.
The run-up to the election has been fraught with political rhetoric and sabre rattling and everything is fair game. Although it is generally accepted that Jacob Zuma and the African National Congress will retain their control, it is hoped that some of the other parties can make an impact and dent into their power base. A new party called COPE, formed by breakaway ANC dissatisfied members is hoping to make inroads.
Whatever the result, one thing is for certain, we will have a new president - Jacob Zuma. Rapist, fraudster and Lord alone knows what else! whether he can redeem himself or not, remains to be seen. One thing is for certain - it will make for fascinating watching.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment