Having spent the better part of today in bed coughing my lungs out, the chance to sleep properly and rest gives one lots of time to reflect on things.
At present my uncle is dying of liver cancer, and has just been moved into a hospice where he will spend his last days in a morphine induced state as his life slowly ebbs away. I confess I have mixed feelings about his iminent death, as we and his family had to endure years of his drinking and pyschological abuse. A cruel drunk is what he was, but now he is a shadow of his former self, reduced to wearing nappies and yet I still battle to forget what he did. Forgive yes, forget no!
It spurs me to try and live the life I should live. At the moment I am pretty much on automatic pilot - drifting along just existing, not really enjoying myself. It seems as if it takes me a long time to learn lessons, so what if it has taken almost 38 years for me to learn it!!
April happenings
-
April brought so many happenings. We celebrated Sienna's birthday, friend's
birthdays, pesach, enjoyed an easter egg hunt and Sienna started preschool...
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment