Sunday, July 26, 2009

Its not over yet!

I wish I could say with certainty that winter was over. Last Thursday however it was brought home to us that Mother Nature is capricious and obviously decided that we needed a bit of shaking up!!

It started to snow, not cold enough to settle here (though Hidcote did get a covering) but nevertheless having to drive home through driving snow is not funny at all. Even less is when it clears and you are left with freezing temperatures, plenty of frost and ice. The days are warm which is lovely, but once that sun goes off, all you want to do is curl up in a tight ball under the bedclothes.

Yesterday morning, I had to make any early foray to the bank to pay accounts. Needless to say my sense of humour was frozen like the pipes. It was -8 and boy was it cold. Thick ice on all the birdbaths (it only melted at 1 pm!), and frost galore.

I reckon we might be in for a few more suprises.

No comments: