Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A reunion, traffic and ?

Its been nearly two weeks since my long awaited and anticipated 20 year school reunion. Well, did it live up to what I had hoped for? or was it another in the litany of disappointments that seem to traverse my life?

Definitely the first! It was the most fun I have had for a long time. Years just melted away as we reconnected and talked ourselves hoarse. It was like we were all back at school again as we giggled over teachers, fellow pupils and various things. The best was when I brought out the olde school mags. Oh boy, that was hysterical!! I cannot believe we used to dress like that and called it fashion!! and the hair yikes!!! Still it was a good time in my life, and it was nice to be taken back to it, even for a brief time to remember when all we worried about was our hair and the guy we were going to ask to the school dance.

Apart from the reunion, I spent time reacquainting myself with my favourite shopping mall - Sandton City. Aaah the days of my youth were spent there, happily trawling it and window shopping. These days, I take out my plastic and shop the place dry!! I had to be restrained from the perfume counter and limited to one only, and as for the shoes..... don't get me started!! A happy but tiring day was spent roaming the mall and just shopping.

The traffic however, was a complete and total nightmare. Not only are most of the drivers lunatics, but they drive like they are the only ones on the road. A combination of Mad Max and Fast and Furious meets Gauteng! In other words not a pleasant experience.

I was actually quite happy to get on the bus and into the country again. Never thought I would ever hear myself say this - sobbing follows.... I am a country bumpkin!!

No comments: