Dealing with one's emotions and darkest thoughts is never easy. I liken it to trying to keep a ball under water- you can do it for so long and then it pops up again to slap you in the face!
Recently I find myself wrestling with some somewhat abnormal thoughts for me. Usually I am very affected by other people's suffering and problems. However I have found myself switching off totally when the said person starts with her problems.
In the past I would've listened sympathetically and for hours as the person pours out their heart. Now - I know this is going to sound harsh, and I am sorry, but I don't give a damn. For years I've been there for everyone else, while no-one was there for me.
Now its time to be there for myself. No apologies for being "selfish".
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment