Sunday, March 16, 2008

Backstabbing and so-called friends

After much procrastination (something I am famous for) - I decided after much tossing and turning that it was time to put my many, meaningless and varied thoughts down in the vain (self-depreciating humour here) that someone might actually read them.

So without fanfare here goes the first post.... Drumroll please!!!

There is one thing I am beginging to learn fast in life and that is how complicated people can be. Working in an office environment as I do, you come in contact with all sorts of people and characters, some nice, some really nasty and then there are always those that sit on the fence, not saying much, but you never know which way they're going to go - in other words the backstabbers!! They seem to exist in ever increasing numbers I've discovered to my cost. Whether they are a product of the stressful times in which we live in or just plain nasty, I still have to work that one out ? but be warned all, people that you think are your friends and that you "get on" with can suddenly turn out to be a rattlesnake in disguese - and we all know what quick reflexes and bites they have. Be warned they are out there - lurking and disguised as your "friend".

True friends I believe are people that are there for you no matter what, dont judge you, encourage and uplift you. You dont have to be living next door to them to know that (Katrina prick up your ears here) to know they are a real friend. Most importantly you shouldnt feel drained from your interactions with them - those that leave you feeling drained afterwards are emotional vampires and are not worth the time or effort. Remember true friends are like gold - difficult to find but worth the investment!!

Now that my first post is out of the way. You can look forward to some further musings and thoughts that tumble out of my mouth. I have verbal and email diarrohea so be prepared...

No comments: