Sunday, March 16, 2008

Something Fishy is afoot!

Why is it when one goes out for seafood you battle to find to find somewhere that serves decent edible food. Our lodger very kindly took us out for lunch today at a local restuarant in the area. Being the sea-food (see food and eat it kind) lover I opted for a nice bit of Cob, after being told that the dish I'd ordered (the salmon) wasnt available - so already my ears were flattened and I was somewhat peeved, however the smell of fish and garlic wafted out of the kitchen intermingled with other flavours, and I licked my dry lips (no wine can you believe it) in anticipation of a nice soft piece of fish, delicately flavoured with garlic and a smidgen of herbs (you can hear the influence of Master Chef here!). What I got was a dry, verging on sawdust piece of overspiced "something". I can hear Jaime Oliver and Heston Blumenthal gasping as their jaws hit the floor. Even after sending it back with a "sorry to be a pain but it seems a bit overcooked" and a nice apologetic albeit forced smile, hoping the cook wouldnt spit in it - just watch Reality Tv if you dont believe me!! it - it came back not looking much better. Realising defeat was ineveitable, and not wanting to cause the poor lady who was paying for the lunch any further embarassment - I pushed it down with that Colgate smile all the while wanting to be ill.

Now we'll just wait to see if any food poisoning follows from my fishy adventures - at least I might get a day or two off work and I can lie in bed imagining the poor buggers running around answering the phone and doing my work. He he he!

No comments: