My Mom once wrote in my schoolbook a saying that left an impact on my young mind - pity not my party Technikon one!! It said "Life is like a path of driven snow be careful where you tread because every mark will show".
I never really realised at the time how true that is. I just wish I'd remembered it during my "wild years" as I left so many prints everywhere - in other words I left a mess on many occasions and I certainly was not considerate of what I did and who I hurt. As you can see I am in one of my more reflective moods again, and thought I should write it all down. Blog away girl!!
Now that I am older and definately wiser (sometimes I dont know about that one!) I am learning how to tread and what prints to leave. I've thought long and hard about what type of prints or legacy I would like to leave for the next generation that follows. To be honest I dont know but I am wondering down the path trying to find it. I know I have strong principals and beliefs - now should that count for something? should I find a way to leave a mark that I stood up for something or by merely being a friend and being there for someone enough of a print? All too complicated for my brain but I am willing to try and find out.
So next time when you're doing something - think about what footprint you want to leave behind. What message you would like the ones who follow to know about you. A big messy dirty print or a nice firm neat one.
Something to ponder..
April happenings
-
April brought so many happenings. We celebrated Sienna's birthday, friend's
birthdays, pesach, enjoyed an easter egg hunt and Sienna started preschool...
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment