As a receptionist/typist/whatever the hell they throw at me. I am accustomed to coming across all sorts of people. One day I’ll write a book about it all and be as rich as J.K.Rowling – yeah right dream on girl!!
Seriously though there are some real “beauts” as my Australian cousin Stephen says that you come across on the phone. I help (out of the kindness of my heart of course!) by answering the hotel over ring when Chantal is busy on the phone, she returns the favour for me. Picture it – phone rings – kippie picks up and there is a very nicely spoken lady on the other end. Conversation goes something like this.
“Good Day HH Megan speaking”
“Um hello can you help me”
“I’ll try what you are wanting”
“How many people do your rooms sleep?” Warning bells start to go off and the sirens begin to wail!!!
“Our units only sleep two people”
“Only two!! That’s impossible how can they only sleep two? Cant they sleep five?”
“No Ma’m our units only sleep two people not five!”
Lots of mutterings and unrepeatable comments – some of which I reckon I could use again one day to insult someone and without them realising it!! The boss will be the first guinea pig.
“Well what about meals?” “Do you allow cooking in the rooms?”
Rising laughter and mirth “No we don’t dinner is a five course set menu blah blah blah”
“A what? So can’t we make our own food in the rooms then?”
“No you can’t Ma’m” rapidly flattening ears and vanishing humour.
“You all call yourselves a five star hotel and you don’t allow cooking in the rooms – what *%** kind of place are you?”
“The best Ma’m” with a certain amount of snobbery I’ll admit.
“Well thanks for nothing” phone slammed down.
Left in bemused wonderment
Aah the joys of dealing with the public!! Sometimes I don’t blame people who chose to be hermits. Being of a cranky nature myself (due to lack of decent conversation) you have to have a certain special touch in dealing with people and I take my hat off to all in the marketing, hospitality and tourism trade. People are such wonderful complex creatures and they certain add spice to everyday life that’s for sure. I just have to look at all the guests who pass through the offices to realise that you get all types out there.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment