We all know them and often have them. Those days where you feel like the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland running around always late for a very important date! There just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day, and that ever present clock tick tock tick tock!!
After a nice relaxing weekend, where we caught up with family from Canada and basically vegetating in a near to brain-dead state in front of the television. It was back to the salt mines we went today. Well my illusion of a relatively peaceful day was shattered in about an hour after running to and fro like the Mad Hatter when the boss arrived. Innocently enquiring after a letter he was supposed to check, the response was certainly not a pleasing one. I was accused of being stupid, incompetent and incapable among other things after being sworn at. For the sake of financial reasons only (believe you me it is purely financial!) I have until now put up with this regular torrent of abuse. Maybe it was the day, maybe the time of month or the moon – I don’t know but I argued back. BIG MISTAKE!! do not under any circumstance argue with a lawyer!! (sorry K) because it makes it a million times worse. Result boss humiliated me and I landed up sobbing my heart out at my desk. An hour later he acted as if nothing had happened – my poor nerves were completely shot by now and happily dictated an email to me.
I sit on the horns of a dilemma. Do I stay and work for a man whom I despise just for the sake of money (of which I have little thanks to my appalling spending habits) or do I stick to some principal and tell him to shove his job where it hurts? Decisions, decisions!! One gets to a point where one is tired of constant abuse and tirades on a continual basis, but in a country where jobs are scarce and so many would kill for a job what does one do? I believe I’m better than just answering the phone and doing the typing, but even after four years of trying I am no better off than when I first started, except for an average increase. I know lots of people face the same dilemma as I do and it is something I just don’t know anymore. My spirit is crushed, my confidence shot and I just have to wonder what lesson I’m being taught here?
As he spoke those immortal words of which I can totally identify with. “Frankly my dear I don’t give a damm”.
Stay tuned…
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment