That’s the delightful sound one that heralds the start of autumn and ratting season for the two feline residents (Blue & Zeb) of our house. They enjoy this time with overwhelming relish and every year I brace myself for the spectacle of disembowelled, beheaded and half-eaten rat generously scattered throughout the house. Woe betide the poor soul who staggers to the toilet at some ungodly hour and steps into it. It’s bad enough having to get out of bed to answer a call of nature, but in the half-light to step into something wet and bloody – well that’s something entirely indescribable.
My normally loving cat Blue turns from 20 hour sleeping king and Fancy Feast aficionado into a killer. He prefers to eat the entire rat considerately leaving little evidence of it anywhere. Zeb on the other hand is a spree killer, leaving half eaten and degutted specimens all over the place. I think I’ve been watching too many crime movies!! With regular monotony one is awoken to the sound of crunching bones and sucking of insides. Most of the time though, both are considerate enough to leave the kidney behind as evidence of their misdeeds. Sometimes though, one is confronted by a head as you stagger out of bed in the morning. My response (not printable I’m afraid and which usually begins with the 6th letter of the alphabet!) turns me, according to my Mom into a female version of Chucky!! Look I am all for wildlife but not degutted and disembowelled in the house!!
Poor Tweety I now understand …. “I thawt I saw a puddy tat I deed I deed”.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment