Thursday, April 24, 2008

FLATTENED EARS GRUMPY MEGAN!!

I supposed I shouldn’t be surprised, at my age it’s dangerous, but once again I’ve been “amazed” at the inner workings of the company I work for. It is increase time again, and there is usually the courtesy of an interview where you’re told what your increase is.

Well – if you’re not part of the “A team” it seems that you are not given the decency of a chat. Tomorrow is pay day and I still do not know what, if anything I am getting. When I asked the boss today when we could “expect” to be called, his response was an off-hand “I’ll see maybe sometime tomorrow”. My ears flattened out rapidly and I could barely contain my bubbling up sarcasm as I walked out of his office. Needless to say I was – for once at a loss for words. Once though, my jaw had popped back into place, I thought about his comments and felt insulted to say the least.

Why after all the work that one puts in, the long hard hours, the stress of having to work in an environment which might appear beautiful on the outside but is rotten on the inside. Yet in spite of this, you still try your best, you not afforded the simple courtesy of being told what you are worth – not only in monetary terms, but in the sheer sweat you put into the company to make it what it is?

Well I am insulted, annoyed and totally and have lost total and complete interest. Another good worker gone missing – AWOL. This time don’t come looking for me. Like the tiger I’ve gone to ground. Gone to lick my wounds and plan my next move!

No comments: