Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lazy Sundays....

Another lazy Sunday has passed and the threat of work looms large tommorow. However I do so enjoy weekends. Mom and I took ourselves off to the wine shop - yes I wanted to buy some for my growing collection. I am getting pretty good with picking them too and have 8 bottles so far of some really nice and rather expensive bottles of wine. Mom would be horrified as she considers that frivilous. She chooses to spend her money on craft things and I on bottles of wine which I lovingly tend to. I must sheepishly admit (baaahhh) that I am becoming a wine snob and tend to go for the expensive ones figuring they must be damm good if you're paying that amount for them. However hard experience has taught me that it isnt always the case and I have found some real gems among Natal wines that are really good. I then toddled off to my next passion the cheese shop - now I am a real cheese freak - love em and I can hardly contain myself as I try out all the flavoured cheeses on display. Landed up spending a bit more than I anticipated and studiously avoided Mom's glare and "where is your money going" look.

Now I am sitting here about to start my glass with some cheese next to me as my cat lies stretched out on the couch next to me. Couldnt ask for more?

No comments: