Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Please find my brain

I hate mornings when I switch the alarm clock off for "five more minutes" and wake an hour later in a total and complete panic. Well this morning was the one. After getting to bed late and sinking into peaceful slumber, my mother's clock had gone off only for her to roll over switch it off for a small kip. I was the first to realise it was just too quiet and light. Glancing at the clock I discovered to my horror that it was fast approaching time to get to work. It was then that all semblance of quietness and normality vanished

Mother was running around like a headless chicken, cats were howling for food and I hadnt even found anything to wear. Plus I still had to get presentable for work.

Mustering all my multi-tasking skills I made lunch, got breakfast (yes in that order!) and dressed myself. By the time my lift arrived I was still semi-concious and not really awake. My brain was still on "night service" and remained that way for a good while.

It seems that it doesnt like a rude awakening and takes a while to catch up to my body. Thankfully the boss didnt notice anything and I could fool him for the morning while I struggled through the piles of thank you's and letters that were plunked on my desk. It was only after lunch that I started to feel some sort of "stirrings".

Still when hometime swung around I was out of there faster than Curlin on World Cup night and my brain I am sad to report is still awol.

So if you see it treat it kindly and talk slowly to it. It doesnt like being spoken rudely to or patronised. Just send it gently back to sender and the reward will be rich.

Gotcha!!

No comments: