My large Fancy Feast fur shedding black and white feline is sitting contently next to me as I type this and I am struck by his contentness. Cats in particular seem to have it down to a fine art. Just look at a sleeping Leopard in a tree and the blissful oblivion of sleep to realise what masters of the art of sleeping cats are.
Mine can assume any position in his quest to sleep. I love to watch as he settles down after a lengthy hour long preening and licking session to a position (turning round in circles always anti-clockwise!) until the right spot is found. The most fun comes watching his head as it slowly begins to drop until suddenly it falls and he is out. For a moment it almost looks as if he has expired,but slowly the rythmic breathing begins and the sandman takes hold.
One of my choices of a feline to come back as is a male lion - not only can I sleep for 20 hours under a thorn tree in the savannah, but if I manage to avoid trophy hunters I can get the females to do all the killing for me and swagger in to eat the best parts. Intrinsically lazy by nature I am very taken with the idea. Plus I get to knock off a few humans if the mood strikes me. My list is quite long and there is a fight for the top spot - between two "special" candidates in particular. The only thing is I dont like "bratwurst" so that might narrow the field down a bit!!!
However the tiger wins out in the end. Elusive, endangered and vicious it likes its own company but can adapt to any situation should it need to. It is intelligent, creative and enterprising - a lot like a few people I know who live in lands faraway. It can blend into the surrounding or bare its claws and shred a person to pieces - reckon this is the one!! I was always a "feisty" one according to my poor teachers - always restless and inquisitive but never conventional - in other words somone who stood out from the crowd. Plus it loves bathing and sleeping perfect for my needs!
Tiger Tiger burning bright in the forests of the night
What immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symentary?
So you may ask what is the moral of this piece. Let sleeping cats lie in purrffect contentment.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment