Vegetating in front of the television today. I was struck by how much choice you have today. Not only in the channels that you idly flick through, but when you go to the supermarket. In the good old days (20+ years ago) if you went to the supermarket you had a choice of two types of mayonaise and that was it. Now you go and are bewildered by the vast array of different types and brands there. I must admit I stand there like something out of Night of the Livng Dead looking at all of them gleaming on the shelf. Then there are the cereals....
When I was small it was Rice Crispies, All Bran, Cornflakes and that was just about it. Now there is every conceivable type of Coco Pops avaliable along with different types of bran, and then there's the museli!! My poor brain cannot take it all in and it takes a while for me to decide what I want. The famous proscrastination rearing its head again!! Its even worse when I go to Woolworths as I can spend hours just wandering aimlessley through the isles taking in all the lovely products on view and inhaling the tantilising smell of cooked roast chicken. Of course my store card shudders with terror when I head there as I can spend the GDP of a small country on vegetables and lord knows what but it must have a use somewhere things!!
Then of course its off to Edgars and the perfume counter. A friend once called me a "perfume freak" and I happily admit it is my weakness. I love trying on perfumes and looking at all the beautifully shaped bottles - Jean Paul Gaulitier's ones are the best. Price is no object to me and I will happily fork out my hard earned cash on a tiny bottle of something just for the sake of having it - just because I can and I choose to!! For me its perfume over shoes. I have never been a shoe fan as I have weak ankles and cannot wear high heels, though I would love a pair of Jimmy Choos.
What I love is that I have the choice. Life is great.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment