It was one of those glorious weekends that I actually managed to relax and forget about work for once! On the Friday we headed off to the mall – early to avoid the hordes of shoppers. After doing some serious damage to my bank balance – a girl has gotta look good! I meandered around the mall happily munching on my favourite ice cream of all time, pistachio nut. Life couldn’t get better.
By the time the weekend had rolled around I had decided to revert to my natural state – slothful nothingness. There is nothing better than a day spent pottering around in your pj’s and sleeping in front of the TV. Avoiding Mom’s disdainful stares I took laziness to an art of its own. I think though I humiliated myself and my long-suffering mother when I walked out of my room to discover some friends sitting having tea.
You know those moments when you wished the floor or something large would swallow you up? Well this was the occasion. I muttered some form of apology before retreating to my hovel. Of course I got the “What will my friends think” speech and “After all I’ve done for you how could you embarrass me”. He he he!!
By the time Sunday rolled around I was about as relaxed as a python after a large meal and felt utterly relaxed.
Slipping into sleep I realised that it was one of those daydream weekends – filled with ups and down, but the most important thing was that I got to relax and spend time with the most important person in the world – my best friend, my confidante and my Mom. Life doesn’t get better than that!!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment