Picture it - a quiet Sunday afternoon domestic scene...
Mom fiddling at her desk making cards and me kipping on the couch in the sun. In comes Cat No.1 bearing a "gift" of semi-alive rat.
I was awoken by mother's shriek of horror and disgust and a few words I can't repeat. Half asleep I staggered to the sun-room to see what was the matter.
"Please remove that bloody rat" wailed mother.
"Why do I always have to do the disgusting jobs?" I hissed.
"Because you're such a good person and daughter and I know you can do it" emotional blackmail in the extreme.
"But it's still twitching and moving" I remark refusing to bloody my nicely manicured - yes I had my nails done!! hands.
Realising that I would be budged she decided on the rat's fate.
"Dont worry I'll sort that out and bury it" she said and with a swift crack on it's head, the unfortunate rat was dispatched to the land of the rising rat or wherever the hell they go.
I was somewhat staggered by this side of my mom - one I'd never seen before, and one I didnt like. I sincerely hoped that there were not other things buried in the garden that could be discovered. Visionons of Gacy and his cellar popped briefly into my head. I've been watching the
Crime Channel too much lately - due to lack of a social life!!
The poor cat meanwhile was left looking rather berefet, after all he'd just bought us a gift - albeit it half-eaten and alive as an offering and we'd taken offence at it, and dispatched it without even acknowledging it and thanking him for it.
So off to the kitchen for a nice soothing tin of Fancy Feast to calm the beast, and a cup of sweet coffeee for mom. She did remark however that it did taste a little bitter...
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment