After my procrastination we decided to lug our one cat off to the vet for his annual shots and check-over. I was naturally happy to hear that my “prey” would be on duty today and was as eager as a mare in mating season to get there.
My Mother was less than enthusiastic, especially when she heard that he would need to have his teeth cleaned as well, and what it would cost for this trip to the vet. When you’ve figured in injections for rabies, de-worming and the feline influenza, the cost comes to well over R400 for one cat!! How people with multiple pets cope I just don’t know – it is prohibitively expensive, but you’re caught in a catch 22 situation. If you love your pets, as we do, then you have no choice.
South Africa is not like other countries where pet medical aid is more or less the norm. Here you’re forced to pay through the nose to feed and maintain the health of your pet. One thing’s for sure, the days of having multiple animals is fast drawing to an end.
Back to my prey. Mom seemed quite taken with him and his knowledge, I on the other hand was more interested in looking at him!! As we left he remarked that he would see me around and that it would be soon!! Don’t quite know what that means, but the hunting is getting interesting….
All I can say is the immortal words of Fred Flintstone, Yabbaaa ddabbbbaaa doooohhhh
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment