Well I had good intentions of trying to turn out a presentable meal to my ever hopeful but wary Mother. Discovering that we were out of chicken, I decided to revert to my creative nature and try something different. It was a recipe I had got from a friend and it was curried corned meat with rice.
Basically you fry the onions and peppers, add the cubed corned meat right at the end when they are cooked and sprinkle the curry powder onto it. Cover with some water and simmer for a few minutes. You can make the sauce thick if you choose but its better runny. The rice was already taken care of, so all I had to do was the basics, this is where the problem came in…
I got distracted by our one cat who had its beady eye on a poor unsuspecting robin that was hopping around innocently outside, and I’d forgotton how much curry powder I’d already put into the pan. Thinking I hadn’t added any I put another teaspoon (a heaped one at that) in as well.
It smelt nice when it was finished, and looked okay when dished up. Proudly setting it before my Mother I waited for her verdict.
Well you know the cartoon where Donald Duck eats something hot and his face turns red and steam comes out his ears? Well you get the picture.
Sadly – my effort did not meet with the “appreciation” I had hoped for, and it is back to the drawing board I go.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment