Friday, July 11, 2008

You know you're losing your mind when....

Must be the fact that I'm a year older or else the onset of dementia, but I could swear I'm losing it.

Yesterday was a crowning moment of humiliation for me. After another long day at work, all I wanted to do was plop down in front of the television and vegetate. Reaching for the remote, I was most frustated to discover it wasnt working.

My long suffering mother came quickly to the sound of my expletatives. It was then that I discovered to my undying mortification (if there is such a word - if there isnt there is one now!!) that the remote that I "thought" was switching on the television was actually the cordless phone!!

After a withering and pitying look from my mother. I was left in embarassed silence.

I now make a point of looking at what I point where - you never know next I could try to dial a number using the television remote.

The possibilities are endless!!!

No comments: