Have you ever noticed how many people throw up their hands in either mock protest or vehement disinclination when you bring a camera near them. You get the usual refrains of "Oh I never photograph well" to my favourite one "Why on earth would you want to photograph me?". So that I can stalk you later on my dear!! I usually say in my head only of course, unless they're cute and he he single....
We are a funny complicated lot and we seem obsessed more with how we look, than what we are. In other words - all that glitters must be gold right? instead of valuing who we are - unique wonderful creations, we've convinced ourselves that if we're not perfect we're not worth anything, and certainly not worth photographing!
There are not that many people that I know, that actually enjoy having their picture taken. I am the one exception - I ain't a supermodel, too much padding all over, and don't get me started on the grey hairs that have alarmingly sprung up recently! but I love having my picture taken - warts and all. If you don't like me for who I am then well you are not worth knowing! I think photographs are windows to our soul. No matter how hard we try our pictures show our bias and emotions in their composition. Pictures are evidence of who we are and what we are, yet we seem to want to deny our humanity and what makes us unique.
Say cheese!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
9 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment