Thursday, September 4, 2008

Diet sabotage

As I endevour to lose my winter blubber - yes once again here we are!! Too much indulging and bulging during the winter. Sometimes I'd swear I was a bear preparing for hibernation!!

I've found that although some people happily encourage you, there are others, some friends that are not altogether happy that you are determindly trying to lose weight. Hard to believe that they wouldnt be happy for you., but you just have to look at their expressions and it tells a whole other story. Subtle insidious comments and rolled eyes, and you begin to realise that its not good to try and suceed and actually do it!! Its a bit of the "tall poppy syndrome" - rise too much above the crowd and you risk getting your head lopped off by the others. It seems as if people cannot be happy for those that are trying and starting to suceed at something. Human nature is a complex creature!

I've realised that its like running a gauntlet in the Colesseum - you never know whats going to hit you next, but I reckon it will all be worth it in the end. Let those green-eyed people say what they like and mutter under their breath. I'll just have to put on my armour, steel myself to the slings and arrows and go forth....

2 comments:

schatzi said...

Hey! Don't let anyone deter you from reaching your goals! Good luck with you diet! By the way, I loved the entry you made to wish your dad a happy birthday. It brought a tear to my eye and I am certain that he is smiling down on you!

Megan said...

Hi schatzi

Thanks for the support. I really need it as I am struggling to stay focused. Your comments about my posting on my Dad means a lot to me, and I am glad someone cried as well and that I managed to get across the emotion I was trying to convey.