Thursday, September 11, 2008

Its a cats life!


I've always said that cats are by far the cleverest animals around! They are the champions of the art of sleeping. Mine seem to spend anything up to 9 hours or more a day sleeping. They adopt all manner of positions, that we would find anatomically impossible to achieve - yet they seem to pull it off and look utterly content at the same time.

Cats do not suffer from insomnia and seem able to fall asleep at a moments notice. Mickey Blue Eyes (my big fat black and white furry monster - who resembles a gangster when he's out prowling!) will settle on my lap at a moments notice, before I've had time to protest and within a minute his head is nodding and then ..... poof he's gone to feline dreamland.

I've often dragged myself off to work muttering as I observe him or Zeb curled up in purrffect contentment or stretched out in the winter sun.

Note to self: Come back as a pampered cat in next life!!

The most fun though comes when they start dreaming, like dogs they are really animated and you can see the whiskers twitching and eyes moving (REM - yes animals have it as well!) and legs ever so slightly moving. What they dream of, only they know but I bet its more than just mice!

2 comments:

Lise said...

Regarding sleep...wouldnt mind swapping roles for a while so can catch up with sleep!!!

Megan said...

Yes I agree totally. I am so sleep deprived and tired that I would willingly swap roles.