Hard to believe I actually used to listen to some of these, but even today when I hear them, they take me back to a time and place that has lots of special and sad moments. Here is my list of songs - with my personal comments next to them.
1. Berlin - Take My Breath Away. T0m Cruise in that leather jacket.......
2. Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer. My wild rebellious phase when I liked men with long hair and scruffy looks -wait! I still do!
3. Christopher Cross - theme from the movie Arthur. Reminds me of my trip to New York and the Brooklyn Bridge at night.
4. Eagles - Hotel California. Now this is just an amazing song and the guitar well!!
5. Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy. My funky stage.
6. Foreigner - I want to know what love is. Still do!!
7. Cindi Lauper - Girls just wanna have fun. A real fun song and one I still like to listen to if I need a pick me up.
8. Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls. Unusual song and lyrics but it appeals to my other more different side.
9. UB 40 - Red Red Wine. What can one say!! A classic and this appeals to my wine drinking side!
Now for one of my favorite songs of the 80's.
Billy Joel - We didn't start the fire. What I like about this song is not only its commentary on the spectrum of politics of the last few decades, but the words of the chorus.
We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on
Makes you wonder about what sort of legacy we want to leave our children and future generations?
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment