I recently read an article in a women's magazine in which it asks us to be more mindful. Huh? at first I thought what a strange thing to write about. Basically it says that we spend most of our lives running around on auto-pilot, doing what we need to without really stopping to think what we are doing and why.
It's true, in my case especially. I spend my time doing what I have to in a state of almost robotic stupor without real concern for what I am doing. My usual philosophy is; to get up in the morning and drag myself to work, pound on the computer for a few hours and do what I need to, then stagger home and collapse into a heap on the bed only to repeat the whole cycle the next day.
So while shopping yesterday, I tried to stop for a few minutes and actually think about how I responded to people and what I actually did. Its a lot harder than it looks believe me, as you become quite used to moving about in your comfortable little world. It took a bit of hard concentration, but I think I am starting to get the hang of it.
I am trying to consciously think of how I am to other people, and how they react as a result of it. A bit like Isaac Newton's law of physics (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction) meets Dale Carnegie! but the early signs are encouraging.
Next time you are rushing around trying to cram everything into your day. STOP!! THINK!! and CONCENTRATE on what and why you are doing what you do. Its not easy, but I've found that there are real tangible rewards at the end.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment