Sunday, January 18, 2009

Heat...

The last two weeks here have seen some of the most intense heat we've had for years. Temperatures reached in the high 30's and with the added humidity it was pushed into the 40's. Needless to say it was pretty much unbearable.

I usually like the heat, having lived in Durban for most of my life, but being one big sponge of sweat is not the most glamorous thing. Especially if you have to work and look professional and deal with a boss who couldn't care if you are dying or not, as long as you do his typing!

The one good thing is that I am drinking copious amounts of water and exercising as well. Plus, feeling too hot to eat much has lead to me adopting a salad lifestyle of late. Something good always comes out of it. The glass is half full - that is what I believe!!

Well having baked for the last few days, we are back to cool, rainy and misty weather. You have to love this place with all its idiosyncrasies; from heat to cool in the space of 1 day!!

No comments: