Saturday, March 7, 2009

The dating game

Having been single for a while (not through choice believe me!) I have found it really difficult to get back in the whole dating scene. There are many things to consider when going out; like whether he has a car that actually starts, how he is dressed (khakis and socks up to the knees so don't do it for me) and lastly whether he is on the top ten of America's Most Wanted.

Once you are past that, it should be plain sailing. Yeah right! in a town like the one I live in, there's about as much chance of that happening as me winning the Lottery (I take a ticket promise!). Last night I ventured once more into the dating waters - gingerly dipping my toe as I once again sailed forth. He wasn't a bad chap, actually quite nice, extremely Afrikaans though which made communication difficult at times as he didn't always get my sense of humour. I did, to my surprise, have a good time with him. It is nice to meet an old fashioned kinda guy, who opens doors for you, pulls out your chair etc.

We will probably go out again, and I find myself actually looking forward to that prospect.

No comments: