It isnt often that I am at a loss for words, though I am sure my mother wishes I was! Last night I was watching a progamme on plastic surgery and people who are addicted to it. In America alone is it estimated that plastic surgery has increased over 400% in just ten years.
No longer are we happy with what we were endowed with; rather we want to nip, tuck it, sculpt it or just get rid of it all together. Driven by a celebrity obssessed culture and the dangerous messages that it sends out. We are taught and convinced that if we are not perfect, we are nothing! After all the most beautiful people get rich, get the best jobs, husbands etc. Most of Hollywood stars have had some form of plastic surgery, and there are not many around who havent had something done in some form or another.
Plastic surgery can be really beneficical, especially if it is to fix scars or a condition which hinders the normal quality of your life. I am all for having a breast lift if it improves your image and makes you feel better, but when you go for multiple procedures just to look like a Barbie doll, then it just becomes plain pathetic. They showed some ladies who had had between them a total of 36 procedures. One looked quite good for her age, but the one looked like something out of a horror show. You know those mannequins with the big features - a bit like Little Red Riding Hood - "grandma what big eyes you have" get the picture!
These days when you meet people you find yourself asking "how real are you?"
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment