Saturday, April 25, 2009

Weekends.....

We are in the enviable position of having two long weekends, one after another and with a 3 day working week, it is bliss. Oh, how I wish that every week was a three day week, life then would be more enjoyable!

However, life is not always what we want and the mundane things of life tend to get in the way. The week is usually spent like the Energiser Bunny running around, either trying to satisfy a boss whose ego is beyond description, and just trying to keep my head above water. So by the time the weekend rolls around, most times all I can do is just collapse into a heap.

I love weekends for many reasons, mainly because I can wake up at a more respectable hour - like 10 am! Sleeping in is one of my favourite things to do, and nothing is more heavenly than to wake up from a delicious sleep feeling all mellow. Things move at a slower pace on the weekends and meals are usually Al fresco or light, so no slaving over the stove.

My idea of heaven is a late start on Sunday, slow meander for some lunch nearby and a leisurely read of the Sunday paper before a nap in the sun.

No comments: