Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mom - Thanks

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and it is a time for me to remember and acknowledge how much my Mom means to me.

I was not the easiest child at all, due to being in plaster for a year thanks to dislocated hips. Not being able to crawl and explore left me with some rather major emotional issues and they have taken years to work through and sort out. Mom was with me through all of that, putting up with my nonsense, trying her best not to smother me when I was at my worst. She always managed to remain relatively patient and loving, though I am sure at times she wanted to leave me on the side of the road!

As I grew and went through the usual teenage angst of first love and fluctuating friendships, she was there for me. Listening, giving advice where needed, but never overpowering. She was there when I needed a cry, when all I wanted was a hug and most importantly of all - she listened. It is the one abiding memory of my growing up, was to know that she was there for me - no matter what!

Now, as I enter another phase of my life, she is my constant companion and friend. We are more like sisters than anything, and we have a comfortable easyish relationship. Yes, she still irritates me at times, but then what mother doesn't? she will moan at me to pick up my clothes and not to eat so loudly, but hey she is my Mom.

Happy Mothers Day Mom - thank you for loving me unconditionally and for being there for me.

No comments: