Sunday, June 14, 2009

Birthday parties


Its not my usual way to spend a Saturday morning - but I really enjoyed myself and having a second childhood in the process! My good friend Elmarie's little boy Alex turned 1 and I was invited to his party.

Now kid's parties - the ones I have been to - usually involve screaming, hyped up on sugar out of control little bodies and endless renditions of Old MacDonald had a farm on the latest present that someone has so "thoughtfully" bought for them, under the guises of it being educational!

Well this party was no exception in most respects but it was a lot of fun. One little boy Stefan was entranced by the music on a cellphone and pressed to his ear all the while dancing around in his own little world. The birthday boy was more interested in the paper and packaging than the present, and a fight of sorts developed over who was going to show him how his toys worked. I rediscovered my inner child and tucked into the gingerbread men and boudoir biscuit trains with gusto - oh heaven! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed them!

Alex is one adorable, totally cute little boy - in fact he actually makes me feel broody. Oh my God! did I just say that? Yep, I did and its the truth - I do feel a bit broody. I am sure it will pass - soon hopefully.


No comments: