Thursday, June 18, 2009

She's... Kimberley

She's the closest I will probably come to having a child of my own - has opinions on everything and is so into Zac Effron! She can tell you in the minutest detail everything you didn't want to know about the High School Musical trilogy and blushes like mad when a guy she likes in her grade says hello to her, yet she is still afraid of the dark.

She's my god-daughter, Kimberley Joanne, daughter of a good friend and work colleague. I have known her since she was in nappies and watched her grow and develop over the years. From a gawky insecure little girl into a blossoming beauty who spends ages studying her face for zits!

Remarkably mature for her age, she was a much valued support during the loss of my father and she knew just when to say nothing and put her arms around me and let me bawl. She never once showed any annoyance at my frequent blubberings, and tried her level best to cheer me up. As a result, we've become extremely close, and I have a fiercely protective love for her.

My only wish for her is that she will continue to grow and mature into that marvellous young lady that I know she can be.

No comments: