Thursday, June 4, 2009

Brrr and the joys of getting up!

Winter has hit with a vengenance, and with temperatures plummeting below freezing and the ground covered in thick frost, it is truly cold!

Getting out of bed has never been one of my strong points in life. Being an owl I could quite happily go to bed at 3 am and sleep until 2 pm the next day no problem. So being forced out of bed before the sun is up is something I will never get used to EVER!!

Usually I am burrowed like a mole under the covers in a tight ball with the cat draped precariously across me. Mother often has to make several quite forceful attempts to get me to wake up as I tend to sleep like the dead. I was always teased that I wouldn't hear a herd of elephants if they came through my room, and its probably true. When I was a teenager I slept through one of the worst storms Johannesburg had ever seen, our garden was a lake and my Dad had to rescue the next door neighbour who had become trapped by rising flood waters. There was plenty of screaming, shouting etc, but I slept through it like a baby not stirring once!!

Just goes to show that I was made to sleep a lot I reckon.

No comments: