Tomorrow is my 38th birthday. Yes, hard to believe that I have been around for nearly 40 years!! I have been through a lot in my life, met some nice and not so nice people and experienced things I never thought possible.
With the good has come the bad, but I am now of the opinion that it makes you a better person somewhere along the line. Stronger, wiser and more accepting of things I hope!
Sadly, I will also be working on my birthday. It is our annual farm event, where people come from all over to see our horses, eat our food, drink our wine and generally have a nice time. Right? For them maybe, for us its a long day of drudgery and slog having to deal with rich obnoxious horse people and their hanger-on. Most of whom don't give a dam about horses and drink like fishes! Then there are the speeches - oh yes, something we all look forward to with about as much anticipation as a visit to the dentist!
There are however some bright spots in the day. I for one get to see my favourite stallion and spend some time with him. He isn't the most fashionable of the stallions, in fact most people think he is a bit of a donkey, but to me he is simply gorgeous and I love him passionately. At least there is one bright spot on my birthday.
I am however only to aware that I am really lucky to have a job, so I mustn't complain too much. So many in our country don't and live in abject poverty and misery - there by the grace of God go I!!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment