Friday, July 17, 2009

Family!

For the past two weeks we have been deluged with family from all over the country. It has been really nice to together and catch up and just chill. I have to confess though, that I am looking forward to resuming my normal routine.

Yes!! you heard correctly!! I am probably going off my rocker, but there is only so much arbitrary conversation that one can take before it wears a bit thin. My cousin Kerry has a 13 month baby girl (a surprise believe me!) and a week of Purity, baby crying and gurgling and cooing has left me wondering if I have any brain cells left! I now realise how time consuming and how totally a baby takes over your life. Gone is the witty, sharp tonged single gal, and in its place is a sleep deprived, baby food covered woman. Quite a change indeed!

The cats have taken an adverse dislike to this crawling, gurgling poop-machine and have decided to take up residence in my room, venturing out only for food and the occasional rat!

Mom on the other hand is looking forward to some normality and tidiness in the house. My aunt and cousin are not the tidiest people around, and a clean room can look like a hurricane has hit it in five minutes of them coming into it!

As a wise person once said "You can choose your friends, but you cant choose your family".

No comments: