Saturday, July 11, 2009

A spread out birthday

In spite of the fact I had to work on my birthday, it wasn't a bad day all in all. Plus thanks to the fact that we've had family arriving at various times during the past week, its been quite spread out with presents.

To my utter delight, I received some much needed Lindt chocolate (the dark variety of course darling!) and much appreciated socks. I have to confess that I tend to lose socks like anything, and never seem to have the right matching ones, so anything is most welcome indeed.

This week I am on leave from work, taking a much needed and wanted break from the office. There is however another important day coming up, no, not Bastille Day (July 14th), but the day I was adopted. Until fairly recently I never really thought about celebrating it, but now as I become more aware of myself and who I am, I have decided that its worth celebrating.

Happy birthday again to me. My wonderful life began the day I was adopted and every day I thank God for that!

No comments: