I had just survived the most important sale for our farm, dealing with all the admin etc and generally running around like a headless chicken. So when the boss departed, I took a huge sigh, flopped into my chair and began to sort through the pit of my desk and what needed to be done.
By the time last weekend came, I was so ready to just spend it chilling under the tree and snapping pictures on my newly returned baby. Sadly my body had other plans...
By Sunday morning I was in agony, thought it was my kidneys and dutifully took some Alka Fizz hoping it would go away as it usually did. Well by Sunday night I was bathed in sweat, running a fever and feeling worse. Monday I tottered off to the doctor, was put onto antibiotics and sent back to bed to get better. By Wednesday night it was clear I was getting no better. I had such a bad headache that I was in tears and curled up in bed whimpering, sweat running off me in sheets and praying to die!! Back to the doctor, and another diagnosis - this time tick bite fever combined with cat scratch flu which I had picked up from a friend's cat last week.
So lets recap: I have a kidney infection, tick bite fever and catch scratch flu all in all. What a lovely combo. Needless to say I am on enough drugs to re float the Titanic, and feel continuously mellow as hell - not a bad thing I reckon. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, at least I am writing this blog, a day ago I feared I might land up in hospital!!
Monday it will be back to work with some trepidation. I know this is nasty, but I hope the wheels did fall off and the boss realises all that I do there, and maybe, just maybe I will get a decent increase for it. More likely hell will freeze over, but then I wont be there to see it!!
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment