You would think by my age (dont ask!) that I would've learnt that old adage the boss is always right no matter what. Problem for me is that when one works for a meglamanical, egostical self-centred man as I do then that is difficult.
Things were going along okay - the odd moan and cursing, but I'm used to his utterances by now! Then things rapidly went south when I dared to question the almighty one and to add insult to injury I was actually right. Sucidially perhaps I opened my mouth and pressed home the point. I dont usually say anything except yes Mr.... but being tired of always having to say yes all the time I changed tack. Needless to say this did not go down well with the boss, who took off at me in the hearing of the entire staff in the building. If it wasnt so humiliating it would've been funny to watch him as his head bobbed up and down - rather like one of those bobble dolls as he went off his head at me. Realising that I've probably compromised my chance of a good increase, I kept my big mouth shut (much against my will) and just said those dreaded words YES!!
I should know by now that one does not argue the point or correct him, especially as he is never wrong. If I didnt know any better I would venture that he thinks he is God. Suppose because he pays our salaries he thinks he owns our souls as well -rather like a Dr Faust situation!! I shudder a the thought of his arrogance, but the wheel has begun to turn ever so slowly down.
I wonder one day when he has nothing and all his good staff have left him, tired of being treated like something under one's shoe whether he will have enough insight to realise that he was wrong - NAH!!! Not him after all when you're right you're right.
He probably doesnt realise though that pride comes before a fall and the higher you are the harder you fall.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment