Saturday, May 3, 2008

Blue

As you can see Blue enjoys his "naps" on the chair. Apart from one of our cats (which we bought at the pet shop for the sum of R2.08 back in the early 80's) all our other cats have "found" us somehow. Most were strays who just pitched up and made themselves right at home.

Blue (full name Mickey Blue Eyes) dont ask me why! as he's black and white with brown eyes!! came to us via a friend at my work. He often used to wonder up to my house and play with our elderly cat Smokey, who amazingly tolerated this "upstart" with good humour. After Smokey's demise he started coming more regularly and of course I naturally fell in love with him. His large size belies his gentle nature and disposition. He is in fact a nervy easily frightened scaredy cat who has an almost obessional love of Fancy Feast and laps.

After a long, hard day at work, there is no better sight than him running to greet you at the gate and chat about his day. He is an extremely affecionate, loving and all round sweet cat. Mom says that he will often come in and sit with her while she works in the afternoon at her desk, jumping up to chat every now and then and rubbing to let her know he's there.

At night - more often than not he is on the bed pressed right up against my legs. I meanwhile have to suffer cold and deprivation teetering on the edge of my bed as I struggle to get comfortable, while he rests comfortably having taken up most of the bed!! I consider it a small price to pay though for the unconditional love and affection that I receive in return.

He is my man, my rock and my comfort. He doesnt mind how I look - as long as I have Fancy Feast in my hands he is happy and my love for him is not something I can easily put into words.

A puurrrfffeeecttt cat!!

No comments: