Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A few more minutes....

That is my usual refrain in the morning as I struggled each and every day to drag myself and my lazy butt out of bed. It doesnt help when you have a cheery mother who comes in with a cheery greeting and opening your curtains before you've even had the chance to adjust and accept the fact that you are awake.

Be warned!!! I am not a morning person at all. Anything before 9 am is early for me, and I am exceptionally cranky and testy during the week. Mother has learnt to steer clear from me and never ask me how I'm feeling. Until I've had my breakfast conversation is minimal and fraught with tension. I like my morning paper and woe betide the poor unfortunate who interupts me to ask something whilst I'm reading it. It's kinda embarassing but I've become more cranky and bad tempered as I get older - sign of the times I suppose!!

By the time I hit work I've usually warmed up a little, but need that first cup of Java to get the juices and my sense of humour going. Of course it dissapears the minute the boss walks in and reality takes over once again. I now know how convicts feel in a chain-gang, always chained to something!!

Hometime is anticipated with great excitement and the thought of a nice warm bath and bed is a powerful incentive.

As I drift into dreamland my thoughts turn to tommorrow and a few more minutes....

No comments: