A TRIBUTE TO MY MOTHER
Yesterday was Mother’s Day for us in South Africa and it is a time when one thanks your mother for all she has sacrificed and done for you over the years. I say why make it one day. Personally I think the whole thing has become grossly over commercialised and the true meaning has become lost amidst the corny cards and cheap mugs from sweat shops in China filled with some trinkets.
For me my mother is the idol and inspiration of my life. Not only has she stood by me in the tough and good times, but she has been through so much. She picked me, yes me when I was two weeks old. She told me that she didn’t want to see any other babies – I was the only one she wanted!! That makes a girl feel kinda good doesn’t it?
Through my endless operations and emotional problems, and boy where they many times when I’m sure that she wanted to smother me with a pillow!! She never gave up and gave me unconditional love and acceptance in spite of all that I threw at her literally and verbally.
When I finally grew up and realised that I wasn’t so bad – yeah the confidence level is coming up! She was there but her role had changed. As my father sank further into depression, she was forced to suppress herself and take on a new role as the mother/father and everything of the house. Often sacrificing her needs in order to try and lift my father, she gave up being a woman.
God finally decided she’d had enough and last year my father finally passed away after months of agony and years of torment. Now she had to find herself again, and at first she struggled, as she’d been thrown into the deep end.
I am pleased to report that she, like me has slowly started coming out into the sunshine. For the first time in a long time I’m getting to see my real Mom and I really like it. She is fun, expressive, witty and most of all loving
Mom I love you and know its been hard but don’t give up on yourself. I am right there by your side – one of your biggest fans. This is my tribute to you.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment