I never thought I’d ever stand up and say this let alone write it, but I am proud to be an African. Something too few of us will admit these days. It seems like spiralling crime, food rates and political issues have made us into a nation of whingers. Well I for one am sick of it and so here is my piece….
For me it is the smell of the earth after the rain, when the coat of dust has been washed away. The intermingling of the bird and animal calls throughout the day and night. Feeling like you are part of something ancient, primal and yet strangely comforting. I almost feel like I am in the bosom of Mother Africa herself. She is a good mother, teaching me what I need to know when I need to, but also reprimanding me when I show ignorance or lack of respect. Don’t ask me to explain it all – I can’t its just something that is there – its not tangible but intrinsically part of who I am.
I think I came to this realisation when I visited Weenen Game Reserve and I got to spend a magical morning with the animals and birds. I had got up very early – it’s the only time that I do so. Plonking myself down in my camp chair, I quietly watching as the veil of morning parted to reveal to reveal the day’s play. As I sat and watched a multitude of animals and birds emerged to begin their day’s foragings. It was touching, no just awesome to watch as birds and buck wandered within a few metres of me grazing and fossicking around. I felt like I had stumbled across some sort of African Eden. As the sun continued its upward spiral and the animals moved away – I was left with a sense of wonderment and gratitude. Most importantly I was aware of an ancient sense of soul and feeling. It was then that I realised that I was a child of Africa.
No matter where I go and who I become I am a child of Mother Africa and it is a badge that I will wear with proudness and humility.
The Secret to Hearing Your Spirit Guides | Lee Harris
-
This came up on my feed and was honestly something that I was expecting to
turn off after a few minutes but I found it really interesting so I'm
sharing...
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment